Health / Ingredient Facts
- Beneficial in the treatment of diabetes, high blood pressure, irritability, headaches, stomach cramps, disturbed sleeping patterns, insomnia, nervous tension, mild depression or hypertension, liver diseases, allergies, cataracts, skin irritations and other conditions (especially when applied directly to the affect area), mellitus, atherosclerosis, and colic and feeding problems in infants. The list continues: nausea and vomiting, hangovers, constipation, stomach ulcers, heartburn.
- Low tannin content. (only 1 to 4 percent)
- Acts as a powerful antioxidant. (only 1 to 4 percent)
- Replenishes iron levels, which is especially helpful to breast-feeding or pregnant women.
- No negative side effects ever reported.
- Fresh from nature, meaning it is 100% organic, with no additives, preservatives, or colourants.
- Completely caffeine-free!
- Free from any harmful stimulants.
- Boosts the immune system.
- Can be mixed with milk, unlike other teas.
- Has a natural hint of sweetness, but also tastes great with honey, lemon, and many others!
- Contains no oxalic acid, allowing those suffering from kidney stones to drink it freely.
- Aids your body's natural schedule, relaxing you at night and stimulating you in the day.
- Delicious flavor!
- It's also Kosher!
|NUTRIENT||FUNCTION IN THE BODY||PER 200ml|
|Iron (Fe)||Essential for transport of oxygen in the blood||0.07mg|
|Potassium (K)||Necessary for metabolic function||7.12mg|
|Copper (Cu)||Necessary for different metabolic processes||0.07mg|
|Calcium (Ca)||Necessary for strong teeth and bones||1.09mg|
|Manganese (Mn)||Necessary for metabolic processes and for bone development||0.04mg|
|Fluoride (F)||Necessary for healthy teeth and bones||0.22mg|
|Zinc (Zn)||Necessary for normal growth and development and a healthy skin||0.04mg|
|Magnesium (Mg)||Necessary for a healthy nervous system and for metabolic processes||1.57mg|
|Sodium (Na)||Necessary for fluid and acid-base balance||6.16mg|
- Children love it!
- Rooibos is sold in almost every health food store in the United Kingdom.
- World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) awarded a gold medal to Rooibos in 1997 for its anti-allergic properties.
- Annekie Theron, attributed with the first medical breakthrough with Rooibos, received the Woman Inventor of the Year award, and developed a Rooibos extract that is used in cosmetic and health care products worldwide.
- The top ten importers of Rooibos are (in order of largest first): Germany, Japan, Netherlands, U.K, Malaysia, South Korea, Poland, U.S., Colombia, and China.
- In 1984, an outbreak of salmonella caused the Rooibos industry to freeze, but it quickly resumed at a remarkable speed.
- The only beverage that is more widely consumed throughout the world than tea is water.
Rooibos Antioxidant Facts
Rooibos contains 50% more antioxidants than green tea. Among the antioxidant compounds present in Rooibos are polyphenols, which include flavonoids that help ward off cancer, heart disease and stroke.